Miles No.1 & Miles No.2 (Lease Model)
Mining ventures are backed by major companies including Origin, QCG (British Gas), Santos, Xstrata, and Cockatoo Coal. Accommodation demand is rising due this ‘boom’ in the mining, power generation and construction sectors.
Xstrata have announced the development of the Wandoan Coal Project which requires accommodation for up to 6000 construction workers/contractors.
There are approximately 19 new Gas fired power stations mooted for the region.
A contract on another parcel next door with the potential for 2000 rooms adjoining Miles Golf Course. Camp will service Origin, QGC, Santos, Arrow, Theiss, and Xstrata. Land Value upon DA approval $15,000 per approved site. Stage 1 is unencumbered.
- Project comprises 800 man-camp to be completed in 3 phases to be leased out upon completion;
- The Project is a full turn-key development including Facilities Management & Catering;
- Land will be purchased for $1.8m plus GST and costs;
- Project construction cost $80,000 per room – Modular’s are top end units all with 3 bedrooms;
- Leases signed are long term leases with only a small number of units available for casual stay (estimated occupancy rate 90%);
- Rooms are rented at $185 per room per day – Interest at $200 per room per night due to demand;
- Facilities Management Costs are $80 per room per day – currently negotiating 20% discount due to volume.
- Miles is located 4 hours West of Brisbane in the Surat Basin;
- Surrounded by extensive CSG, agriculture and power generation industries;
- Close to operations of Origin, QCG (British Gas), Santos, Xstrata, and Cockatoo Coal.
- Total site area is 100,000 sqm on 1 lot adjoining golf course;
- 4 Star Campsite – World leading sustainable design and energy technology solutions that will set new benchmarks;
- Campsite to be operated by a leading international campsite operator (Morris/Spotless);
- The development team will comprise: Australian Builders with experience in rapid modular installations, leading Australian Quantity Surveyor, internationally recognized Valuer’s and Project Managers.
- Construction to commence Aug 2013;
- Stage 1 (300 rooms completed May 2014);
- Stage 2 (300 rooms completed Nov 2014);
- Stage 3 (200 rooms completed May 2015).